If you are a poster presenter, please carefully review all the information below to prepare you for your presentation and ensure that you meet deadlines for submitting all required materials.
- Pre-recorded video:
- Presenters will pre-record a video of their presentation. Each video should be at most 5 minutes long.
- Videos will be posted one week prior to the research institute. We will notify you when they are posted so you can review your recording.
- Presentation Sessions:
- Lightning Talk: You will be asked to provide a brief presentation (maximum 2 minutes) during your scheduled poster session.
- Q&A will immediately follow the Lightning Talk
- The presentation session will be conducted via Zoom and you will be emailed the Zoom information for your scheduled poster session by May 31, 2021.
Technical Requirements: IMPORTANT!
- Install the latest 5.0+ version of Zoom on your computer: https://zoom.us/download. [latest version as of publication of this document is 5.6.1 released on March 29, 2021] Check which version you have on your device by following the instructions here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362393
- Use a laptop or personal computer to present during the webinar. Do not use tablets or smartphones as they will not allow you to present easily.
- Headset with microphone is suggested for better output sound quality.
- Headphones/ear buds can be helpful for the presenter to tune out background sounds.
- Ensure you have a strong WIFI signal:
- modem is as close to you as possible; not on the ground; nothing is obstructing signal
- turn off WIFI on all devices that are using WIFI (tablet, phone, other computers)
- Disconnect from Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Close all other windows/apps, especially browsers, email, and instant message programs
- We recommend that you test your Zoom connection to confirm that your internet, microphone and webcam are functioning properly with the program. This brief video shows you how to do so: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
Prepping for Presentation
- Avoid text-heavy slides. Replace them with images, single key terms, or brief phrases that help to drive the content without distracting from the verbal presentation.
- Save your presentation as BOTH a PowerPoint and PDF.
- Upload BOTH presentation files and your pre-recorded video to the link that was emailed to you. Use your last name and title of the presentation to name the files. If you did not receive the link, email us below.
- Deadline to submit all presentations and videos is Sunday, May 23, 2021.
- Use Zoom in a quiet, private space.
- Test your audio and video equipment before joining the Zoom session.
- Join the Zoom session in which you are presenting 10 minutes prior to the start time.
- The Zoom session’s Host will help ensure your audio, video, and screen sharing abilities are working properly.
- Poster sessions will have concurrent breakout rooms, one for each poster.
Session 1 (June 7, 1:00-2:00 pm EST): 9 rooms
Session 2 (June 8, 3:45 -5:00 pm EST): 12 rooms
Session 3 (June 9, 11:30-12:30 pm EST): 9 rooms
- Poster sessions will be self-moderated by the presenter(s) and include the two minute lightning talk and Q&A.
For other questions regarding your presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.