Southeast Asian language instructors are invited to register for this workshop on October 23-24, 2020 by October 10, 2020.
Friday, October 23, 2020 to Saturday, October 24, 2020
Organized in collaboration with UCLA Center for Southeast Asian Studies and UCLA National Heritage Language Resource Center.
COTSEAL invites Southeast Asian language instructors to apply to participate in the Project-Based Language Teaching Virtual Workshop hosted by UCLA on October 23-24, 2020.
This workshop will introduce the principles and practices of Project-based Learning to participants in order to strengthen the development of instructional materials that can be incorporated into the curricula of Southeast Asian language classes.
Prior to the workshop, participants will be required to complete an online module that will focus on identifying and addressing issues pertinent to HL students as well as impart the principles and tools of PBL, including exemplary models of this approach.
The virtual workshop will then train participants how to apply this approach in their language classrooms.
All participants must be active members of COTSEAL or become a member. (Dues are $30/one-year and $55/two-year.)
To renew COTSEAL membership or become a member, please fill out this form: http://cotseal.net/COTSEAL_membership_form.pdf.
- Asynchronous: Thought exercises and prompt questions due prior to synchronous presentation
- Online Module I (Key Concepts and Pedagogical Approaches in Heritage Language Teaching)
- Online Module II (Understanding and Meeting the Language Needs of Heritage Language Learners)
- Synchronous: Virtual workshop on Zoom on October 23 and 24, 2020.
- Only those who register will be emailed the Zoom link to attend the virtual workshop.
Register for this workshop by October 10:
Sponsor(s): Center for Southeast Asian Studies, National Heritage Language Resource Center